View Single Post
Old 05-05-2009, 07:14 PM   #33 (permalink)
travisjb
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: VIR
travisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedworks View Post
Yeah, I guess my question wasn't about stability but more about the inability to scrub speed through the engine vs using the brakes, just enough to keep from oversteering or reaching the max capabilities of the tires. With this function, if you enter a turn where you were on the gas, full time, and then let off, just to scrub a little speed off, as you enter the turn, and then gradually get back on the gas through the turn (very common for tracks that use banked Nascar turns), this 'surge' or lack of deceleration will cause understeer/oversteer since you/I would be entering the turn at the edge of grip. I know seems confusing, but is normal on most turns, and with this feeling that get driving around town, I wouldn't feel good going into these types of turns with this scenario and the SRM on.
Sounds like engine braking force may be less in this car than what you are used to... makes sense... one of my driving instructors when I went through Bondurant would tell me, think of the brake pedal as a fine instrument with infinitely variable positions... taking that to heart, means that instead of relying on engine braking we will have to find that very precise braking point where we get the right amount of deceleration for whatever conditions warrant, e.g., constant/decreasing radius turns, negative camber, etc...

with every car, have to adjust driving style, right ? I think this one has advantages too, like a little extra weight on the front so less trail braking needed to get good hookup on front tires

anyways, this will be a much richer discussion once we all have some more track time w/ this car under our belts, we can all agree on that !
travisjb is offline   Reply With Quote