View Single Post
Old 05-05-2009, 06:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
chibbell
Base Member

Drives: 370z Touring Sport
chibbell is on a distinguished road
Default Should I keep my Z?

I've been really torn as of late. I want to love my Z. I really do. I love the style. I love the engineering. It's a magnificent beauty of a vehicle. I've wanted one since they first came out. A little over a month ago I finally picked up my baby. Monteray Blue. Touring. Sport. 6 speed.

Unfortunately as of late I've not wanted to drive her as much as she deserves. It's a simple matter really. I can't get comfortable. The beautifully shaped steering wheel makes my arms hurt. Those luscious leather seats put my legs to sleep in just a few minutes. Every little dip and nook in the road gets translated to movement in the steering wheel. I feel like I spend as much time trying to adjust my seat and get comfortable as I do driving. I feel like I have to manage the wheel far more than I should.

And the noise. Holy cow the noise. We have terribly crappy road surfaces in Portland. I mean...bad. I can barely hear myself think in the cabin it's so loud most of the time.

Now I don't expect it to be like a luxury car. I don't expect complete quiet and smoothness. I respect the attention to the road she demands. Still...I don't know if it's something I want to live with on a day to day basis. She deserves to be loved.

Am I the only one that feels this way? I fear that I am.

Worst of all...I fear the crap my friends and especially my wife will give me if I decide I want out of the car after pining over it for months.
chibbell is offline   Reply With Quote