Thread: Midas???
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2010, 03:22 PM   #16 (permalink)
christian370z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 370Z/Saab 900se
christian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond repute

I honestly did not have a hard time, it was just time consuming. You NEED a breaker bar and some impact gun quality extensions but if someone like myself with very little mechanical experience can do it on my garage floor, anyone can. Make sure you get the header to cat bolts soaked with some form of penetrant, let it soak, run the car for a minute or two to expand all the bolts, and then go after the top studded header to cat bolts.

You don't have to remove anything in the engine bay to access the top bolt, but you need to remove the driver's side intake. I broke one stud on the passenger's side but the Berks come with new gaskets (which are a must) and new bolts which are a million times easier to work with than studs (although one stud will be reused on the header).
SP Rays -- RE-11s -- SpecialtyZ Tune -- Swift Springs -- Stillen 25R Oil Cooler -- Stillen G3 Intakes -- Berk HFCs -- F.I. 12" CBE -- Stillen Sway Bars -- Es14 Spring -- INGS+1 lip -- CF Spoiler -- GTR Start Button -- VLED Parking Lights -- PWJDM V2 shift knob
christian370z is offline   Reply With Quote