View Single Post
Old 05-05-2009, 04:44 PM   #9 (permalink)
TheWeatherman
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2009 370Z 6MTw/Sport
TheWeatherman is on a distinguished road

Okay, this is what I just bought, and get on Thursday....

Focal Access 165CA1 6.5"
Focal Access 165CA1 6-1/2" 2-way car speakers at Crutchfield.com

Polk db1001 1" tweeter.
Polk db1001 1" dome tweeters at Crutchfield.com

He recommended this Polk because it's not in your face, but still is nice and clean. He described it as "not making you tired and hurtning your ears."

I am really hoping this works. Crutchfield said they didn't have a bracket for 2.5" to 1". He recommened, like you said Rreign, of making my own out of some metal. We'll see. Do these speakers come with some wire to connect to or do I have to go and buy some? Rreign, I'm still totally scared because I have a feeling I'm going to have to go to the hardware store about ten times for this project. Any more tips? Anything I should be picking up before delivery?

Oh, I'm sure it's on here, but any tips for taking off the door panels? I saw that I need something that's not harsh for taking off the tweeter covers. I really hope this works. Thanks for all of your help though! Maybe I'll take some pics during the process. Man, I've never done anything like this before. I usually let other people make the mistakes first. Then I move in. Not this time!
TheWeatherman is offline   Reply With Quote