View Single Post
Old 05-05-2009, 02:53 PM   #29 (permalink)
travisjb
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: VIR
travisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond repute

Take a look at the track diagram for PIR (referenced here Third trackday! All is good!)... On the NASCAR straight, I'm going about 120... I'm in 5th for a brief couple seconds ---- short shifting at 6500 rpm right now due to concerns of overheating... Downshift to 4th at the end of the straight immediately prior to rolling left... there is a wall to the left on turn 1, I'm about 5 feet from the wall going about 100 in 4th gear and I'm back on the throttle... Then I'm on the brakes and downshifting to third in a mostly straight line heading to the outside of the track on right side... hugging the right side, downshift to 2nd where SRM lands me at nearly 7K rpm... I'm then set up perfectly to steer through a 90deg left hander and make my way through the next couple... it is all SMOOTH AS BUTTER !!! I don't feel any concern about stability b/c of the downshifting... my thoughts tend to be more about dialing in the correct amount of brake pressure so I don't lighten the rear and step it out... which I've done on this turn at 100 - not fun !
travisjb is offline   Reply With Quote