View Single Post
Old 05-05-2009, 01:23 PM   #16 (permalink)
edeeZee
Track Member

Drives: 09 370z plat 6 speed
edeeZee has a reputation beyond reputeedeeZee has a reputation beyond reputeedeeZee has a reputation beyond reputeedeeZee has a reputation beyond reputeedeeZee has a reputation beyond reputeedeeZee has a reputation beyond reputeedeeZee has a reputation beyond reputeedeeZee has a reputation beyond reputeedeeZee has a reputation beyond reputeedeeZee has a reputation beyond reputeedeeZee has a reputation beyond repute

As a former car salesman, I can tell you that this stuff is too mechanical and unnecessarily complicated.

Step 1: make sure your credit is straight, if you got issues or you're in over your head when it comes to debt--forget about getting a new car PERIOD!

Step 2: go on dealership websites to see if they even got the car you want, no dealership is going to "custom" order i.e. dealer-trade a car for you especially if you're trying to haggle them down.

Step 3: realize, if the car is in high demand e.g. when Mini's first came out, you can kiss a discount good bye and expect to pay MSRP at least.

Step 4: the dealership does not have to bend to you, if they don't want to whore out a car, then you should look elsewhere.

Step 5: DO NOT think that your trade-in is worth what you arbitrarily think it is. In other words, don't think just because you spent $20K in aftermarket parts that you can recover 70% of that, NOT EVEN CLOSE. Dealerships don't like modded or riced-out cars.

Step 6: PM me if you need help.
edeeZee is offline   Reply With Quote