View Single Post
Old 05-04-2009, 09:04 PM   #24 (permalink)
Jungle Prop
Base Member

Drives: 09 6MT NAV TOUR
Jungle Prop is on a distinguished road

My experience has been the opposite. I think the iphone is an amazing device and has the most easy to use interface out there. My biggest complaint is the battery life, which is horrible. After reading some articles online I have found these helpful tips. Turn off Location Services if you don't need it all the time. Dim the screen down signifigantly. If you don't need 3G all day, turn it off. Leave Bluetooth off in the car if you can't leave it plugged in. I have done these things in different combinations and the battery life has been MUCH better. I know it sucks but you don't have to do them all. The screen and 3G are biggest battery eaters. That being said this device is second to none in my opinion. The 3.0 update will finally give us Cut and Paste and MMS. The camera does suck however. As a frequent flier this device is a life saver when on the road or airplane. Itunes is somewhat of a pain in the @ss. By the way, the Bluetooth works fine in my car although call quality is not the best. There is no new iphone coming anytime soon to ATT, initial discussoins have been made with Verizon, but Apple is locked into ATT until 2011.

Last edited by Jungle Prop; 05-04-2009 at 09:06 PM.
Jungle Prop is offline   Reply With Quote