View Single Post
Old 08-14-2010, 04:53 PM   #21 (permalink)
FL 4Motion
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Baby Shark
FL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffblue View Post
i dont mean ricey in a bad way. just in a descriptive way. the nismo body kit is definitely, in your face, aggressive, japanese sports car styling. if thats what you want, then more power to you. didn't mean to generalize, just a lot of older people seem to like more subtle styling. but then again, a lot of those people buy lexus and other boring cars, so you are already a step ahead

only problem with the nismo and getting it as your 'track' car... is that it really isn't much more track ready than the sport package. still needs an oil cooler, and i'm not sure how the brake pads are as far as t
Gotcha Well, the Nismo still needs and oil cooler and brake pad upgrades just like all the rest of em (big pet peeve of mine btw). However, my biggest reason for choosing the nismo is that the it would be difficult/expensive to replicate the functional aero with aftermarket parts. Could you do it? sure, but how many manufactures are going to list how much downforce their wings, front lips/canards produce? Not to mention the prep, paint bodywork needed to get them to fit and look oem can sometimes be $$ and time consuming. Even for me, sticking an aeromotions wing on the back of my Z (which is super functional) is a bit over the top for a car that is still a dd as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanracer View Post
There are older member on this forum that own nismo models, not just younger guys. I went with the nismo because I liked the more agressive looks. The nismo really isn't any more track ready then any of the other models, as stated, they all need an oil cooler and upgraded braking systems to be safely tracked. I drove both and ended up with the nismo and haven't looked back. Leather, nav, heated seats were all just a waste of money for me, I really have no use for that stuff in a sports car. I ended up getting a great deal on my nismo which put it at close to the same price as a touring with nav. I just decided that if I'm buying a sports car then I'm going to buy the sportier model. Everyone has different needs and desires in a car, I wanted something that I could track once in awhile with the agressive wider look, just get what fits your needs. I certainly wouldn't say that any of the other Z models are "superior" to the nismo, performance wise they are all on the same level. Marginal differences at best that likely couldn't be replicated by most people on this forum. A nismo will likely have a better resale given its limited production numbers. Buying a touring and putting nismo parts on it will cost you plenty too, I can't say that I've seen anything aftermarket that looks as good as the nismo aero kit either. IMO the wing is bigger then I'd like but it fits the type of car that it is and carries the car lines well enough; and its functional according to Nissan (something to the effect off 150lb of downforce @75mph or something?). Just my $0.02 Best of luck to you in your decision.
/\ well said. At the end of the day, OP can't go wrong cause he'll still be in a Z. Well, except if he gets a convitable, that's a no go for me.
FL 4Motion is offline   Reply With Quote