View Single Post
Old 08-13-2010, 05:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
Jon@AAMComp
Enthusiast Member

Drives: Nissan 370Z
Jon@AAMComp will become famous soon enoughJon@AAMComp will become famous soon enough
Default MIR Track Rental : 9/17/10 Maryland International Raceway

Hey everyone,

I've talked with a few you guys before about a potential track rental, and it looks like the opportunity has finally presented itself. A few of our GT-R customers are looking to rent out Maryland International Raceway on Friday, September 17th. We did this once this earlier year, and there was a pretty strong turnout of GT-Rs, Porsches and a plenty domestic muscle cars.

Here are some photos I took from the event earlier this Spring:

Now I can imagine some of you may not be able to take a 3 day weekend, but if you can, this should be a very fun event for everyone. To race, it will be $100 per car, and you'll have access to BOTH lanes on the track, including the super sticky pro stock lane, which is generally the right lane. The $100 gets you access to the track all day long, and you can have as many runs as you would like. Drivers are allowed passengers to ride along down the drag strip with them as well, as long as they sign the M.I.R. track waiver and they have a racing helmet.

For those who don't care to race their car, its still an open event that's free for spectators to come down and watch the other cars go down the track. This also promises to be pretty exciting as one of our GT-R customers will be running his fully built GT-R, which looks to be a sub 10.2 GT-R as well as an AMS Performance built GT-R, which is also capable of sub 10.2 second 1/4 mile passes. We may have a GT-R shootout on our hands!

Anyway, I just wanted to present this information to everyone, and I hope we can have some 370Z owners bring their cars out and represent the Z34! Track information is as follows:

Maryland International Raceway
27861 Budds Creek Road
Mechanicsville, MD 20659-2961
(301) 884-9833

The link to the thread on NAGTROC(GT-R Owners Club) is here:
MIR track rental! - NAGTROC - The Nissan GT-R Owners Club

As usual, I will be there with all my camera junk, both photo and video, so I will be doing my best to record each and every Nissan run. If anyone is interested in signing up, post up in the thread and/or send me a pm and I can send you any and all additional information I receive from the event organizer and M.I.R.

-Jon
Jon@AAMComp is offline   Reply With Quote