View Single Post
Old 08-13-2010, 06:56 AM   #23 (permalink)
ChrisSlicks
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Sport M6
ChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaggeron View Post
^^ I agree

In general driver aids can increase performance -- of course it depends on how much of a nanny they are. F1 and other racing leagues would not disallow traction and stability controls if they made the drivers slower. The fact is they make the cars easier to drive faster. But the better funded teams with better simulation models would develop better traction control systems and hence have a technological advantage over the other drivers, that's why those systems are banned.
Traction control was in F1 for many many years and the drivers were most definitely faster as a result. They would get to the apex of a corner and just mash the throttle and let the computer figure it out. The first year of the ban they were all a second a lap slower. But the TC systems that were used in F1 cost more than our damn car and can't really be directly compared. The Z is most definitely slower with TC on but it is safer, especially when you take into consideration the distractions that are constantly around us. Lots of auto-x is the way that I keep my edge. If it's raining I'm usually contending for FTD.