View Single Post
Old 08-12-2010, 10:43 AM   #87 (permalink)
CFZ
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370Z
CFZ has a reputation beyond reputeCFZ has a reputation beyond reputeCFZ has a reputation beyond reputeCFZ has a reputation beyond reputeCFZ has a reputation beyond reputeCFZ has a reputation beyond reputeCFZ has a reputation beyond reputeCFZ has a reputation beyond reputeCFZ has a reputation beyond reputeCFZ has a reputation beyond reputeCFZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeester View Post
If Swift can make these the same ride height as the H&Rs yet be stiffer, I would be all over these !!
Swift actually goes out of their way to design their springs around the useable stroke of the shocks, so if the shocks lose too much stroke they will not lower it. They also dyno the shocks for every application to see what rates they can handle and for the 370Z they will be only releasing the Spec R's. In other words they pretty much found the highest rate possible the stock shocks can handle. The Spec R's are designed to be cheaper alternative for track guys (instead of coilovers), but extremely comfortable for daily driving.

They told me that the process for them to make the springs takes a while and is fairly expensive, this is why their application's for lowering springs is very limited. They only do one car at a time.

Very unlike H&R that just makes lowering springs based on the stock rates and stock design of springs, I do not feel that they do any kind of research around the vehicle at all. Like this thread....LOL
H&R sport springs dropped E90 sedan more than expected - is this normal? - BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum - E90Post.com
CFZ is offline   Reply With Quote