Thread: NBA Finals??
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2009, 11:59 PM   #52 (permalink)
firm
Base Member

Drives: Formerly: S130
firm is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcticreaver View Post
david stern feels bad for rondo because he looks like the green goblin.
If David Stern truly is behind the massive decline in officiating in the NBA then he needs to be stoned and exiled.

Words cannot describe how pissed off I've been at the officiating lately. Usually I'm the guy that's telling people to get off of the officials backs because they do the best job that they can, they don't have the advantage of seeing replays after every play and seeing everything zoomed in from a great angle.. But there really is something going on when Haslem gets ejected for something that should've been a flagrant 1 at best, Rondo gets nothing more than a T for what should've earned a suspension from games 6 & 7, and K Mart doesn't get a flagrant for shoving Dirk down to the ground after the play had already stopped because he had already been called for a foul on Dirk (without Dirk instigating anything at all, mind you).

Hell, look at the way that Chris Paul was basically treated like a punching bag throughout the whole Denver/NO series.. No calls at all.

This is really starting to bother me. I love basketball, it keeps me sane through all of my ridiculous amounts of school work.. But I'm starting to understand why people stopped watching ball in the first place.
firm is offline   Reply With Quote