View Single Post
Old 08-11-2010, 10:27 PM   #11 (permalink)
Cell
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: A Garbage Truck
Cell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by neveucd View Post
Have you ever been forced to go through it as soon as you hit it and no place to U-turn because of a median, and a crap load of traffic directly behind you inching forward for you to move the hell out the way. Umm guess not. Imagine every street you turn on is flooded...galleria area. But yea this instance happened while exiting a parking lot while it was pouring rain, once I hit the gated arm there was a deep dip as stated above, and the nose of the car went under, and engine immediately died. You act like you can foresee all circumstances and events. I for one didn't know water was going to be there until I visually saw it. Anyways go ahead and take your chances with Injen, they obviously make the shields for a reason. I suppose they've had this complaint before...hmm

Even with the shield you can still hydrolock. No matter what you do, if you drive into a huge puddle that is deep enough, you will hydrolock. The shield only prevents hydrolocking from too much water splashing up into the intake filters.

What you should of done instead was put on your hazards and stop before driving into the huge puddle and detached your intakes from the manifold. It would of at least saved your engine.
Cell is offline   Reply With Quote