View Single Post
Old 08-11-2010, 03:12 PM   #1308 (permalink)
Phimosis
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2013 911 4S
Phimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCZ View Post
Have you seen the other thread with the Stillen kit that doesn't work because uprev software is having issues with a certain ROM? That's Stillen's fault too?

I don't disagree that the software is part of the kit and therefore Stillen is at fault as it is being sold by them. I'm not trying to point any fingers, I'm trying to figure out, like everyone else, why this is going on.

I don't think Stillen is unable to tune for this kit, I think the variations from situation to situation are causing problems. (ie. Different ROMS) That's why everyone that is custom tuned has no issues...

There are definitely bugs to be ironed out and I'm glad Stillen has the resources to do so..
There are bugs to be ironed out, but I don't think it's the variability of the ROM's. My car was tuned by Stillen on Stillen's dyno and they had my car for 3 weeks. If my rom was a problem with a canned tune, they should have been able to overcome that.

My car is now in it's 3rd week at Stillen for the seoncd round of tuning (6 weeks total). I'll update you guys when I get it back.

:-)

Last edited by Phimosis; 08-11-2010 at 03:15 PM.
Phimosis is offline   Reply With Quote