View Single Post
Old 08-11-2010, 02:35 PM   #89 (permalink)
NIZMOZ
Track Member

Drives: 07 NISMO 350Z SA M6
NIZMOZ has a reputation beyond reputeNIZMOZ has a reputation beyond reputeNIZMOZ has a reputation beyond reputeNIZMOZ has a reputation beyond reputeNIZMOZ has a reputation beyond reputeNIZMOZ has a reputation beyond reputeNIZMOZ has a reputation beyond reputeNIZMOZ has a reputation beyond reputeNIZMOZ has a reputation beyond reputeNIZMOZ has a reputation beyond reputeNIZMOZ has a reputation beyond repute

The problem here which you seem to be missing is this guy acts like he won the car from ZCON but in reality the CAR WAS STILL THERE. We don't believe the guy won it, and is pulling our chain since he can't provide any proof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Rusty View Post
That wasn't for you in particular, it was just my general statement that people get so upset about things that they themselves are guilty of. Not saying that you or anybody else has done that, but it disturbs me when people can't just say 'congrats, hope you find a buyer'. There were several that did just that and I applaud them for that. There were also a lot who seem to want to demonize him for being lucky enough to win, but not lucky enough to want to keep it. I was upset to see that the winner was going to sell it, too. I even complained about it to my wife, but I'm not going to bad mouth the guy for keeping a happy home.

The OP could have approached this much differently, but I think that too many people got their feelings hurt because they weren't the winners. I doubt there was any way he could have salvaged his comments after saying that he won it and will sell it.

As for the anonymity comment. Robert, why would you, OF ALL PEOPLE, take offense to that? You are one of the few who don't do that. I applaud you for having your name on here and have heard good things about you (I'm in the vicinity). But I do stick by my comment. People hide behind screen names and say things without any care for how it sounds BECAUSE they don't have to face that person. It's childish to say that you f@#$ing hate a guy (though I'm sure the comment was more playful than true) because he won. You asked if I'd put my real name up here. No, but I don't say things here that I wouldn't say if I were standing before someone either. Now, if anybody would like to IM me, I'd be happy to talk on the phone or in person, but I'm not going me to volunteer that information for the world.

Having said all of that, I will apologize for calling people names and saying that people were being childish. It just frustrates me to see people call the guy a liar and demand proof for something they aren't really interested in buying. His story won't help him get a dime more from the people on this site. In fact, I would bet that there are potential buyers who looked at the story and walked away immediately. If the OP was selling wheels or stereos, I could understand the need for proof. But, in the day of CARFAX, there is no way that he could get past the loan stage on a stolen car. Maybe I'm naive, but I just didn't see the need to harass the guy for his story. The price-yes. But the story-cut him some slack.

Lastly, the OP didn't really demonize his wife. He merely stated that she said no. I've been married longer than some here have been alive and I can tell you that the secret to a lasting marriage is compromise. My wife has a say in my car affliction, just as I have a say in her shoe dependancy. If someone doesn't understand that, then they don't understand what a healthy relationship requires. Nobody here knows the full story of the OP's home life. Maybe they're dead broke and $500 more means the difference between getting a reliable van for his wife to cart their six sickly children to school. Maybe he volunteers all his time to shuttle the poor and destitute to the homeless shelters and just can't do that in a Z. Maybe he's just a schmuck that wants too much for a free car. Nobody truly knows and, unless you're a potential buyer, there's no reason to do anything but congratulate him and move on.

In all honesty, I don't think the OP has any true idea of what the Z is worth. I believe that he looked at the MSRP and looked up the value on the net and then posted what he thought he could get out of it. If that is the truth, then the OP would be best suited to just say that and then ask what everybody here thinks he should ask. If he does that, I would say that the most mature thing for people to do would be to give him a true, no BS, answer that doesn't take into consideration what he paid/didn't pay for it and only considers what a 2010 fully-loaded 370Z Nismo with xxx miles is worth.

I hope that this drama ends soon. I hate having a webfight that I can't turn away from. I, again, apologize for calling everybody childish, but this is somewhat ridiculous treatment and I'm sure it doesn't make the OP want to keep his beautiful car.

Love,
Mike
SOLD: 2007 NISMO 350Z #0044 Silver Alloy
New DD: 2010 Titan Pro4X CC
NIZMOZ is offline   Reply With Quote