View Single Post
Old 05-03-2009, 07:00 PM   #12 (permalink)
Modshack
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z Sport
Modshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan93rsa View Post
Sounds like a good setup. Although I haven't come to grips with the socket-less fittings. Have you considered adding the Oetiker clamps to the fittings?

On the last cooler set-up I built I used Stainless lines...Not awfully hard to put together, but a minor PITA...After 5 years one abraided a power steering hardline causing a minor inconvenience...Purely my fault though from routing..

I researched the Socketless setup since they seem to be pretty common these days...Lots of positive reports with no real issues reported.. They actually caution you Not to use clamps on the Aeroquipt fittings..From what I've read, all over the net in many Automotive and industrial applications this approach seems just fine. Easier to put lines together, 250psi rating, cheaper too..If this wasn't proven technology it wouldn't be so widely used. I honestly don't anticipate any problems here..

Steal my car! (SOLD)...Now Porsche Cayman S
Oil Cooler DIY: Here!

Last edited by Modshack; 05-03-2009 at 07:29 PM.
Modshack is offline   Reply With Quote