View Single Post
Old 08-11-2010, 12:13 PM   #27 (permalink)
Jeffblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Z32TT & 335xi Coupe
Jeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxik View Post
I hated my dealer experience, I really wish I went through Koeppel but I got a good deal on a left-over 09 from another dealership.

First visit to the dealership was alright, they took me to see the car and I immediately got upset. Even though the body was in good shape and no scratches or defects, the car was filthy. I don't think they ever washed it, the white color looked grey almost. But I knew its just dust/dirt nothing that can't be fixed with a proper wash/detail. Went back to the finance guy BSed for a bit, left a deposit and told him I'll be back next week to sign papers.The finance manager tells me he will call me during the week to tell me what my finance rate will be and what the monthly payments should look like.

Fast forward to 5-6 days later, I keep calling him as I still have not heard anything about the rate or payments. He obviously keeps ignoring me just so I come in there (knowing it was a 50 mile drive for me just to get there) and I would be less likely to back out of the deal than if he told me on the phone. I then asked him if I can get a pre-approved loan from my own bank and just come in with a check; the guy tells me if I get my own loan the deal is off (uhhh wtf?). I came in to the dealership, they were all over the place, very unprofessional. The rate wasn't horrible but still a good 1.5-2% higher than what I could have gotten on my own. Whatever, you can always refinance and the payments were still within my budget so I wasn't too upset over it.

This is the part that really pissed me off. I go to pick up the car, and they cleaned it... but these idiots don't know how to detail a car AT ALL. Swirl Marks everywhere, nothing horrible but still not something I want to see on a new car. Then I see that they drilled license plate holes in the front, when I SPECIFICALLY asked them not to (and ordered a stillen front bracket). After I drove the car home I noticed that the screws they used to secure the top of the front license plate were too long and puncturing the front bumper (white paint) of my car, leaving 2 small chips in my bumper.

This dealership is just too used to dealing with altimas and other every day vehicles, they had 4-5 2009 370 Zs on the lot, the most out of any dealership in NY at the time of my search, this was right before the 2010's arrived and all 09's were sold out. They didn't know how to sell them, or treat them.
yea they are idiots when it comes to cleaning a car. I told them not to touch the exterior of the car until i got there. I made sure i told everyone there so that even the guy that cleans the toilettes new that i didn'dt want them to detail (scratch the hell out of) my car. My REAL detailer said thank god i did that, there was so much rail dust they would have like ruined the finish'
Jeffblue is offline   Reply With Quote