View Single Post
Old 08-11-2010, 10:16 AM   #243 (permalink)
phelan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Scoobaroo
phelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewonyou View Post
1)Whether a car requires a redesign is not really dependent on how old the design is, it is dependent on how competitive the market is.

2)As for the rest of your post, if you're talking about the 370z being good enough and practical enough, how does it realistically compare to the '11 Mustang GT.

A '11 Mustang GT 6MT (HID, Security, Brembo, gears) is still cheaper than a '10 370z 6MT Sport + Touring by a long shot. It is also far more practical for everyday driving as well.

3Seems like Nissan has itself boxed into a corner from it's competitors. It's going to be tough to keep the price down while at the same time introducing improvements that will make it competitive with the segment.
1) All the more reason to keep the current design for a while. Let's face it, there isn't a lot of 'free money' going around, so sports cars aren't exactly flying off the lot. I think we'll have the Z34 design lasting us a few years, so Nissan recovers its .

2) Look, doing a comparison between the 370Z and the Mustang is a debate for the magazines. You can look at numbers, times, and available options all you want. Ultimately the decision you make is based on your own SUBJECTIVE opinions. What I think is important may differ from your own viewpoint, which is why I've been saying for a while that you need to sit in all the cars you're considering, take it out for a drive, and feel for yourself. This comparison stuff written by someone else is BS.

For the record I'm not trying to knock on the Mustang or anything. I realize it's a GREAT car for the price, and I think I'd be pretty happy if I had one. But in my opinion it's not a car I'm going to drive the Z back to the lot and go to the nearest sales rep to say "gimme that mustang you have in the front lot NOW".

3) Yeah, the way things stand, Nissan will have a beast of a time with the new Zs. It's always been a niche car, but now it's getting a bit...more so.

BACK TO THE MUSTANGS!

凛 ('Rin') - 2009 Nissan 370Z
With silence comes peace. With peace comes freedom. With freedom comes silence.
phelan is offline   Reply With Quote