View Single Post
Old 08-10-2010, 11:18 PM   #10 (permalink)
AK370Z
Administrator

Drives: 09 370Z MB Sports M6
AK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadoquad View Post
I feel ya dawg. Caught a Rock

I had insurance cover replacement for mine, as it was the size of my thumb nail.

From what I've heard, repair is an elegant solution, because they can vacuum some of the air out and make it still present but much less noticeable.

Choice is yours, though. Plan on catching any rocks in the next 3 years? If so, wouldn't you still have to pay this amount to fix/replace it then?
Well, I think my INS co. will allow 1 repair WITHOUT any money every 3 year. So, I didn't want to use that ticket for something this small. Who knows, 6 months from now, SUN may get angry at me and throw a brick at my windshield!!! I can use it then, right? But seriously I'm saving it for something severe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkster View Post
We did the repair on my wife's BMW it came out looking like ***... Replace Replace Replace
that's scary. Do you have any pics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieconfetti View Post
Welcome to the family ak. I would say replace. I didn't replace mine because it's a small chip and I know down the road I'll probably get another one. Our windshields are so expensive. Why is that?
I don't know man. The ones from Safelite is def cheaper but I wouldn't feel comfortable putting aftermarket windshield in. They probably use the same quality windshield for Chevy Cavalier and 370z! Nissan OEM is $582

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjlazer View Post
I so dread this when it happens! It really sucks, I say just have it repaired and see how it looks, and if it looks like crap just get a new one. Its gonna happen again. Then when you have like 3-4 of em just get a new windshield!
I think I'm following your advice. I have an appt set up for Thursday morning. I'm gonna repair it. I'll def post pics here. If I don't like the way it looks, I'll just replace it. Maybe wait a month or so because I may have to go to NY again

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHuynh912 View Post
i have the same 1 in the same area lol
i guess we are in the same situation too!
How big is your chip?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophiaZ View Post
Wow, AK!!!! That sux!
I had my windshield replaced about 3 months ago since it had a crack about 8 inches long out of nowhere!!!! Than 2 days later it was 13"..yea I measured haha. My insurance company said it would be cheaper to not claim it and pay out of pocket. I ended up getting a new windshield for $420 and they came to me, at work Safe Light Auto Glass
I know! As soon as it happen, you're the first name came to head! How do you like the safelite windshield? I am nervous about putting NON OEM windshield in the Z. They probably use the same windshield for cheap domestic cars and 370Z! The one from the Nissan dealer is $582.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple's View Post
Didn't I mention it would be around $500?
I think from Nissan dealer, it's coming out to be $720-$750!
My Monterey Blue Z ll My Exhaust --> My Intake --> G3
Nissan's Official Response Regarding Oil Temp Issue: CLICK HERE
Need a Set of Cheap Winter wheels /Tires? Then Visit The Banner Link Below and Place Your Order. You'll Help Keep The370Z Alive.
AK370Z is offline   Reply With Quote