Thread: Hit and Run!
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2009, 02:13 PM   #19 (permalink)
Minicobra1
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z Tour, Spt, 6mt
Minicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond repute

I've heard of situations like this where someone gave chase. The guy being chased runs into another vehicle, fatally injuring the other driver. The way the law works, both the chaser and the chasee get sent to prison for reckless endangerment and manslaughter. In this type of situation it is always best to try to get the license number of the other person if you can do so in a safe manner, and let the authorities handle it from there, otherwise you could end up looking like the bad guy.

There was a situation recently here in La Habra, Ca. where a guy was on foot, running from the police. An officer was responding to the call in his car to give back-up and wasn't even in the chase yet. He crased into a mini-van killing both the husband and wife. Guess who got charged with the murders? Yep, the kid that was being chased on foot. I don't know what the outcome was, and not sure if I totally agree with the charge in this particular case, but that is how the law works. Be careful out there, and use good judgment, I know it would piss me off too, but like Semtex said, it's just a car, not worth going to prison over or hurting someone.
370z Tour| Spt Pack|Navi|BERK CBE|Berk HFC's| Eibach Springs| Hotchkis Sway Bars|SPC Camber Arms|15mm Ichiba Wheel Spacers| 19"Factory Nismo Wheels-Matt Black|Stop Tech Rotors|TWM Shifter|3M Tint|Black Fangs|Black Rear Valance|JDM Fog Light| MY BAND-www.myspace.com/petroleum
Minicobra1 is offline   Reply With Quote