Thread: NBA Finals??
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2009, 02:03 PM   #49 (permalink)
firm
Base Member

Drives: Formerly: S130
firm is on a distinguished road

The Orlando/Boston series should be great, but I wonder how the Celtics will go about things.

If they want to have a chance in hell against the Cavs they have to have KG back and playing at 100%, which means that they'll need him to play basically the entire series against Orlando. I think that the Celtics have a chance to upset the cavs, but not a great (or even good) one. If I were a betting man and it came down to Celtics/Cavs I'd put $1k on Cavs and $250 on celts.

In other news, Game 1 of the Mavs/Thugs series today. This is one series that really can't be predicted. I'd like to say that the Mavs will be able to handle the Nuggets given their depth, but the Nuggets have damn near the same amount of depth on their own team. I think the key matches will be good (Kidd/Billups, Howard/Melo, K Mart/Dirk) but at the same time I'm scared of the officiating. Officials have a tendency to be much more lax with Nuggets games because they foul so much if they actually called all of them the entire team would foul out in the first half. Combine that with the fact that K Mart has already done an interview where he basically said that he was going to foul Dirk every chance he gets and you have a series that could swing either way with a vengeance.

As far as Game 1 is concerned, both the Mavs and Nugs suck at day games so I guess we'll see which team has more heart today. It would be great for the Mavs to steal this one and pull home court advantage, but I'm definitely not holding my breath. I hope that Josh Howard has it in him to step up and play the stellar defense that he's played lately against Melo, because if someone doesn't put some pressure on Melo and get him missing shots then the Melo/Smith/Billups combo is going to explode.

Here's to game 1 of what could be a very interesting series.

firm is offline   Reply With Quote