View Single Post
Old 03-04-2009, 12:57 AM   #14 (permalink)
White 370Z
Base Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z 7A
White 370Z is on a distinguished road
Default Installing Aftermarket Radio

After sending all weekend, it is in. And it looks spectacular!!! It's a Pioneer 700BT, and I love it. I did the install my self, with the help of the DIY that Tennesseez posted on this thread (Thanks Bro). The unit fits like it is made for a 370z. I did put two 1/4" spacers on the top of the mounting brackets to move the radio forward, for a more flush fit. I can't get over how much cooler my car looks when I'm in it. Everyone you has seen it freaks at how slick it looks and how much stuff it can do. The total price with everything, radio, ipod cable, wiring harness, antenna adaptor, PAC steering wheel controller, shipping, & taxes was $598. I did pay the local stereo shop to help me hook up the steering wheel controller, which is the only thing that fell short of my expectations. It works, but is definitely not a good as it was with the stock radio. I plan on calling PAC to see if they have any suggestions to better configure it to the 370z.
The thing I was most concerned about was the boot time of the radio. I can't believe how quick it is. Yes quick. By the time I back out of my parking space, the radio is always playing before I can even put the car into drive. Which I find is a nice feature as I usually turn down/off my radio when I’m backing out anyways. Now it doses it for me. The system is booted up and good to go, by the time I'm pulling out onto the street.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00817 [].JPG (101.2 KB, 1041 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00815 [].JPG (99.8 KB, 519 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00814 [].JPG (91.3 KB, 507 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00813 [].JPG (90.3 KB, 429 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00818 [].JPG (100.8 KB, 444 views)
White 370Z is offline   Reply With Quote