View Single Post
Old 05-03-2009, 11:22 AM   #25 (permalink)
Diversion
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 370Z Silver/Persi
Diversion has a reputation beyond reputeDiversion has a reputation beyond reputeDiversion has a reputation beyond reputeDiversion has a reputation beyond reputeDiversion has a reputation beyond reputeDiversion has a reputation beyond reputeDiversion has a reputation beyond reputeDiversion has a reputation beyond reputeDiversion has a reputation beyond reputeDiversion has a reputation beyond reputeDiversion has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Diversion

It was in the brochure for the 370Z that the SynchroRev feature does indeed assist on UPSHIFTING as well as downshifting Granted, before I read about it, I just thought that the flywheel must have been super heavy in the new Z causing the RPMs to float between upshifting. Turning SynchroRev off is night and day in how upshifting feels.. I lovelovelove having SynchroRev and the option to turn it off.. It's a god send for people like me who aren't the best at heel toeing during the twisties!

Edit: I don't think the SR system is blipping on upshifts, it seems to just be holding the RPMs at an equal level you were just in until it sees if you're going to upshift or downshift. But i've never seen it go higher in rpms before I go to the next gear. And to add, it will stop holding RPMs in neutral for about 3 seconds then drop down to idle if you don't do anything (i.e. coming to a red light or stop). I've always had a bad habit of checking to make sure i'm in neutral when coming to stop. Moving left or right while in neutral also blip the throttle when you're over a certain speed.. It's been a hard habit to break, sigh. People think i'm "showing off" when the engine blips when i'm slowing down.

Jay

Last edited by Diversion; 05-03-2009 at 11:41 AM.
Diversion is offline   Reply With Quote