View Single Post
Old 08-10-2010, 10:03 AM   #24 (permalink)
LinPark
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
LinPark has a reputation beyond reputeLinPark has a reputation beyond reputeLinPark has a reputation beyond reputeLinPark has a reputation beyond reputeLinPark has a reputation beyond reputeLinPark has a reputation beyond reputeLinPark has a reputation beyond reputeLinPark has a reputation beyond reputeLinPark has a reputation beyond reputeLinPark has a reputation beyond reputeLinPark has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to LinPark Send a message via Skype™ to LinPark

8/8/2010

The car tripped 1,100 miles on her maiden voyage with the new audio system intact. Here are some shots of the final product:

No dash kit used for this install - space around the unit is minimal - only wish the screen came with more of a flat black appearance instead of the glossy screen - maybe I'll look into a screen protector or something.

Fairly standard mounting location for the microphone.

Most of my parts came directly from Wicked C.A.S. who I can highly recommend - shown here is the MagicBox with 13" JL Audio Sub and new Z carpet - the JL Audio J2 500.1 amp is mounted under the styrofoam piece just above the Z logo in this picture.

Sample screenshot showing the unit when using the FM Tuner - reception seems to be quite good.

Sample screenshot showing the Main Menu of the Kenwood DNX9960.

Sample screenshot showing the Reverse Camera feed - very impressed with the quality of the image - the unit works really well both day and night.

Sample screenshot showing the unit in Navigation Mode.

Location of the rearview camera.

The sound quality on this unit is really nice and it has just about every feature I could ask for in an aftermarket HU. I was very surprised at how easy the install was for this. A big thanks to guys like SlikNik and bigaudiofanat for posting up their how-to pics and videos because without those I would have never been able to do this.

Next up will be my first oil change and after that who knows what might transpire.
LinPark is offline   Reply With Quote