Thread: Why so many zs?
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2010, 07:13 AM   #6 (permalink)
rha600
Base Member

Drives: 05 Honda, 08 SRT8
rha600 is on a distinguished road

I've looked online and yes, I do see a lot of them for sale but keep two things in mind.

1) people are not paying anywhere near sticker price. So for a (and I'm just throwing out numbers here) $40K car, that might go for $34K from the dealer new, it's probably only going to go for $30Kish used a year old. If that. Would you buy a used car for $30K if you could get one brand new that you know wasn't beat on yet for $34K? AND you would most likely be able to get a much better interest rate on the new one if you finance so payment wise you'd probably be about the same...

2) A lot of sports cars are purchased by kids and adults, only to find out that they can't afford it. And with things today, a lot of them could have been purchased only to have the owner lose their job so that is another possibility. I was just reading another thread about the expected life of the stock tires. not good, and for probably 80% of the people buying the car that was never a thought. then a year and 12K miles later they are finding that they need to spend $1500 (?) on new tires every year.

Just saying, I wouldn't over think the fact that there are so many Z's out there for sale and automatically think that it's because something is wrong with the car itself.
rha600 is offline   Reply With Quote