View Single Post
Old 08-09-2010, 07:41 PM   #37 (permalink)
DarkPath
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 40th Anniversary M6
DarkPath will become famous soon enough

ZDAYZ is not a convention. ZDAYZ is a gathering of Z enthusiasts doing what Z enthusiasts do... Drive their cars, Show their cars, and talk about their cars in an unparalleled setting, deep in what may arguably be the most beautiful mountain highways in the US. Yes their are a few organized Events thrown in... Car show, TSD, Group photos, and such... But a pole taken after last year's event, (which sometimes had two events happening simultaneously,) voted Down the number of events, in lieu of having more time inside Fontana, & More time relaxing, like one should when on vacation. Some describe Zdayz as a Drinking party with a Driving habit... and while I am sure some parties ran late into the evening - I don't think I saw one person "Under the weather" (except when I looked in the mirror)during the whole event. So what are we arguing here... Cause I can't figure it out. Are we arguing that ZdayZ was easier to put together cause it was smaller? Or are we complaining that money was spent on ZCON and it came up short. I think it must be the latter. Because every one paid their registration fees... and there was Sponser money too. There is no excuse with that kind of horsepower of cash to make excuses and not have important things like trophies ON HAND at the end of a car show. They KNEW the categories before people ever began showing up - they should have known the categories before an private money from attendees was ever accepted!