View Single Post
Old 08-09-2010, 07:20 PM   #35 (permalink)
NIZMOZ
Track Member

Drives: 07 NISMO 350Z SA M6
NIZMOZ has a reputation beyond reputeNIZMOZ has a reputation beyond reputeNIZMOZ has a reputation beyond reputeNIZMOZ has a reputation beyond reputeNIZMOZ has a reputation beyond reputeNIZMOZ has a reputation beyond reputeNIZMOZ has a reputation beyond reputeNIZMOZ has a reputation beyond reputeNIZMOZ has a reputation beyond reputeNIZMOZ has a reputation beyond reputeNIZMOZ has a reputation beyond repute

This year ZCON had close to 800 registered and paid.

We had around 300 last year in San Antonio. The car show itself, I can't remember the exact number off the top of my head, but it was around 75 cars I think only and the rest were peoples choice only. So probably 100~.

I most likely will not go to Georgia for the convention there as the guy personally didn't even have a good presentation and had no clue if they could get the stuff (as he just said if we can get it) so he has no idea. The hotel rooms are much smaller than this years so fitting 3 people would be max per room. Also, there isn't anything to do in that town. I rather wait for Phoenix. If I do go however, I will fly, and only go for the important days this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_Nash View Post
Z/G event? I guess that's true of course but so what??? I didn't do an exact count but I was a judge at this year's ZDayZ car show and I think there were less than 10 G's there for the event (registered or otherwise) and somewhere in the neighborhood of 400+ cars total so the non-"Z" part of the event is not what I'd call significant. Also, maybe you didn't notice all the "non-Z" vehicles at ZCON this year as there were quite a few.

I actually didn't say anything about how many days ZDayZ runs I mentioned the number of days for ZCON because I generally throw out the "arrival day" of any event I attend since nothing much happens except getting there (which is pretty much what happened at ZCON this year).

How many cars/people did Cleveland have in ''08...I heard some incredibly low numbers (like 40 cars for the car show)...how many did San Antonio have?

From what I know of recent convention history, this year was not "normal" in terms of recent attendance figures so throwing them around saying the convention is so much bigger than "ZdayZ" or so much bigger than some other event seems a bit foolish and at not very helpful.

As far as next year goes, I'll likely go but I doubt I'll register as I see little benefit in doing so...as the saying goes, fool me once, shame on you...fool me twice, shame on me!
SOLD: 2007 NISMO 350Z #0044 Silver Alloy
New DD: 2010 Titan Pro4X CC