View Single Post
Old 08-09-2010, 05:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
Philipp
Base Member

Drives: 370z SP MT Titanium
Philipp will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarmAndSCSI View Post
Most of the break-in wear metals should have been out of your oil system by then, especially if you drove spiritedly up to that point. All wear levels are high for a supposedly awesome synthetic, and the viscosity there isn't great at all for an oil that ought to have at least a 3.5 HTHS rating (I dunno if it does, RP doesn't publicize specs like everybody else).

I would highly suggest switching to a better oil like Mobil 1, Castrol Syntec, Pennzoil Platinum, Red Line, AMSOIL or basically anything else. It honestly doesn't look like Royal Purple is doing too well for your case. I've seen much better UOA's at that mileage from pretty much every other synthetic out there.

Hopefully some people start to wise up about this over-priced, mis-marketed product. Ugh.

Oh, and the magnesium is a "Detergent/dispersant additive"
Well, i guess the RP fans will not like that comment, but, without any real comparison (meaning others car with the same oil changes frequency, oil type, driving style etc...), it will be tough the state that RP isn't good for the Z...

Other synthetic oil analyses have showed great & poor numbers... Also, the fact that I added my oil cooler when changing my oil (third one) may have increase the values of some indicators.

I did some comparison with other Blackstone reports using RedLine and Ester oil for the 370 (all from this forum) and reports are showing different values for the "Universal average" column... I wonder what makes the average change over such a short time-frame ...

Any ideas?

Phil