View Single Post
Old 08-09-2010, 03:57 PM   #227 (permalink)
mrcardio
Base Member

Drives: 08 MS3
mrcardio is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by theDreamer View Post
You do know that Nissan also offers the car without the LSD right?
Nissan is well aware of making changes for this car. The 350z had very good brakes, but guess what? People were unhappy with the amount of noise and dust created so with the 370z they backed off on the pads and made them more "street" friendly. Same thing with a lot of other items that people wish they would upgrade from factory but Nissan over the years have come to want to please the majority not the minority. Nothing wrong with this, gives the chance for those of us who want to put better parts on our car not overpay from factory for items we do not need or want, or feel we can get better elsewhere.
You're sort of going off on the tangent now...

The point is this - The 370z is supposedly a "sports car" right? A sports car should be as sports car does. The current viscous LSD, oil cooling unit, and to a lesser extent brake pads (not really a big deal) aren't up to sports car specs by any stretch of the imagination. Yes of course you can void your warranty and go after market but that in many ways defeats the purpose of purchasing a new car. I really want to like the car and in many ways I do but I'm hoping Nissan ups the ante and improves the weak areas even if it does cost me a bit more.

Otherwise, I'll just have to look into something else. If I wanted an automobile with boulevard cruiser spec components I'd be looking at a G37 or something. But I'm pretty confident Nissan will come through. Skid pad, braking, slalom, figure eight figures etc are one thing but being able to sustain that performance is what is much more important.

Last edited by mrcardio; 08-09-2010 at 04:07 PM.
mrcardio is offline   Reply With Quote