View Single Post
Old 08-09-2010, 09:10 AM   #6 (permalink)
fuct
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 97' Ranger :)
fuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by neveucd View Post
I just bought the hydroshields, because a couple weeks ago, my injen intakes caused me to hydrolock my motor in about 5-6 inches of water that I had to go through to exit a parking lot at my job. Cost my insurance around $9,000 and me a $500 deductible, to replace the short block. I'd get them as a pre-caution if your sticking w/ injen, or just like was said above, modify something else. You never know when you'll be trapped and forced to go through a flood, or deep puddle. Air still goes through the shields pretty easily, but not water, so I doubt any power would be lost. Maybe less then 1 hp if that matters. Just got them in today.
im sorry but this whole post just sounds silly. what the heck are you doing driving through 5-6 inches of water. thats a deep spot man! i know what area of texas you live in and you should know by now just to let it sit an hour or two and the deep water will disperse. i wouldnt even want my car back if it had water damage.

Last edited by fuct; 08-09-2010 at 09:19 AM.
fuct is offline   Reply With Quote