View Single Post
Old 08-08-2010, 08:05 PM   #9 (permalink)
Juleous
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 370z
Juleous will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigaudiofanat View Post
The amp was secured using the 4 screws that is comes with and goes right threw the plastic panel I did this a year ago in California and I did it 4 weeks ago in the nismo I did no problems.

The pdx is not 1 ohm stable nor as I said that is is not really going to push two 10's hard like you are saying "bass happy". You would need something like a 800 watt amp to really push two subs of any rating as hard as you want.

all the sub wiring diagram can be found here. As long as your final load is 2 ohms or up you are fine. Just keep in mind that if a amp is putting out 400 watts and your pushing 2 subs that they are only going to get 200 watts each at full volume and full gain and probably more like 140 at normal listening volumes.

Car Alarm, Car Stereo, Mobile Video, and Cruise Control Info for Installers click on sub wiring diagrams.
Only if I run the two subs parallel together, if I parallel the two 2ohm voice coils and then series the two 1 ohm subs together then I get full power through both subs, only then the wattage gets split across each voice coil.

Remember power in a series circuit must all flow from the source through all series loads back to the source, where in a parallel circuit the individual parallel load will receive half of the total power like you said. Gots to love the DVC wiring options.
Juleous is offline   Reply With Quote