View Single Post
Old 08-08-2010, 06:58 PM   #7 (permalink)
Juleous
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 370z
Juleous will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigaudiofanat View Post
As trooper will later tell you I had to turn his gain down on his amp because one rockford fosgate punch stage 3 was rattling his and mine ears in his z. One 12 is PLENTY for the z. Also a pdx 5 is going to struggle to push two 10's as aposed to one 12 IMO. Other than that looks like a good setup.
Did not notice the 4ohm DVC of the 1043, don't think the mono part of the amp is 1ohm stable? Looks like I will need a different sub to get the proper load on the amp. I really like the PDX-5 it fit's right where I want to put it, under the sub does not look like a good place for a highpower amp. There must be zero airflow under there.

Matt when you placed the amp behind the seat did you leave it low on purpose? The wiring would have been cleaner IMO if they came tight under the bar into the amp, the RCA's would have stuck up a little high maybe? Also what did you use to secure the amp to the plastic panel? Would you secure it differently if you did it again?

Can't say I have ever run a dual voice coil in series then in parallel with the other sub, this could work to get the 2ohm load on the amp if I used the 1023 instead but not sure if this is a bad idea never done it before. Matt?

Last edited by Juleous; 08-08-2010 at 07:03 PM.
Juleous is offline   Reply With Quote