View Single Post
Old 08-08-2010, 05:50 PM   #150 (permalink)
theDreamer
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z
theDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcardio View Post
The 11' Mustang GT is roughly the same weight / power as the E92 M3. I think I would still rather have the M3 though regardless of cost. I've read that the next Z will have an upgraded limited slip (apparently the current one is basically crap) come stock with oil cooler and possibly a new motor supplied by Mercedes. Supposedly it will have a lot more torque and be more refined vs. the max-out /trashy VQ.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcardio View Post
Try reading more often. I can't pin point exactly where I've read about the topic because I read so much but if you try doing a bit of research I'm al most certain you'll run into it. If I recall I’ll post the source but it really shouldn’t be so hard to believe regardless. The VQ is pretty unrefined / low on torque, the limited slip is sub par and there are issues with the oil over heating, etc. It might be a tough pill for you to swallow but the facts are the facts.
No, I am talking about the quote in bold.
You have zero information on any of this, the reason I know so is because I read more of this BS information everyday than I care to.

On the note of the high oil, LSD, etc. Well...duh, everyone on here knows that, but the fact remains that it is "good enough" for street use. You want to track this car or start throwing on forced induction, of course you are going to need to upgrade those components, you will have on any car in the 30k price range.
theDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote