View Single Post
Old 08-08-2010, 02:56 AM   #63 (permalink)
tazma61
Enthusiast Member

Drives: Batmobile
tazma61 will become famous soon enough

I guess i should chime in since i have the production spec swift springs on my car...

the ride:
It's softer than stock springs over road imperfections and bumps, but there is less leaning in cornering. I know it sounds like an oxymoron, but you would have to drive on it to understand. The springs are softer for regular driving, but stiffens up for cornering.

the drop:
front - 1.2 inches
rear - 1.0 inch
Originally, the springs were thought to be 1.0 inches all around, but after measuring, it was 1.2 inches in the front and 1.0 inches in the rear. I think it's a good drop since there is still some wheel gap but I don't know what others are willing to live with. I'm not a fan of driving slammed cars, so this is perfect for me.

overall:
I've had the springs for about a month now, and the ride is the same as the day it was installed and the ride height hasn't changed either. I was lucky enough to chat in length with the owner of Swift Springs USA, and I'm very impressed with their product technology. The Swift Springs are cold wound which means that they will not sag, or lose it's original form, hence the lack of sag over time. We even tested other springs on a spring compressor to see how most springs out there that are hot wound would sag, and not spring back to the original height. I could see why Swift Springs are more expensive now.

Last edited by tazma61; 08-08-2010 at 12:15 PM.
tazma61 is offline   Reply With Quote