View Single Post
Old 08-07-2010, 05:40 PM   #12 (permalink)
jipperson
Base Member

Drives: 07 gs500f
jipperson is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by memorylasts View Post
your warranty doesn't start until all the paper are signed regardless of milage, so if it has 2k on it your warranty wont expire until 38k, same thing with years, you might be buying a 2009, but you did not get it until the middle of 2010, so you will be good untill 2013 and so on. not sure if that is why you are on the hunt for a extended warranty or not. Also, you can always go back and buy it later, im not sure when the cutoff is but i think it would be somewhere right before 36k if you got the car with no miles.

if i am wrong about anything someone please correct me.
Actually wilsonp just suggested that I should negotiate the price to include the extended warranty so that I could get the warranty as cheap as possible. I figure with it having as many miles as it does, for new, I could use that to suggest I would feel far more comfortable buying a new car with that many miles with 7 years /100k miles warranty and perhaps that would help with negotiating the price and extended warranty. I was just trying to find out how much others have paid for the warranty so that I know about what it is worth when negotiating the price.

Thanks for the info about the warranty beginning at whatever mileage its purchased at. I knew the years began that way but I never made the connection about the mileage. The only reason I am now interested in the extended warranty is that I read, I believe on this very forum, that even though Nissan is very reliable, the number of repairs for them spike, statistically, around the 3 year mark. So if I have an opportunity to get peace of mind over the next 7 years that anything not caused by stupidity/wear will be covered, and get it at a cheap price, I'm in.

Last edited by jipperson; 08-07-2010 at 07:18 PM. Reason: added thanks
jipperson is offline   Reply With Quote