View Single Post
Old 05-01-2009, 05:56 PM   #9 (permalink)
wellarmed
Base Member

Drives: 09 370Z
wellarmed is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4a1mustang View Post
It all depends on how they hook up. They are kind of heavy but I'd expect them to be mid-12s with the 500 hp package. Once guys start tweaking the suspension they'll cut down a lot of time. Mustangs can be sick out of the hole!

I love them. I tested a 2010 GT two weeks ago and it was a blast. The factory exhaust is the absolute best that's ever come on a Mustang... It sounds ridiculous. Just loved driving it. It's a mid 13 second car for sure. No comparison to the Z in terms of acceleration and handling, but just the fact that you're cruising around in a v8 Mustang is reason for a mile-wide grin.

I came from an '03, so I know all about the mod motor hate, but damn do they love boost and gear. I ran a 13.5 @ 101 in a 5spd with nothing but a 4.10 gear. Just shows you how wicked they are out of the hole with that low of a trap.

More than one Mustang driver around here. I bought one of the first Mod DOHC Cobras in '96. It ran 13.4 in the 104 range stock with 4.10 gears but that didn't last long. Saleen installed one of the first Vortech SCs and it was tuned at Powertrain Dynamics in Huntington Beach, CA.. It was in one of the mags but don't remember which. Made 401 rwhp and everybody couldn't believe it.
Later with exhaust and a real agressive chip for race gas, it ran 11.90 at 119 mph on street tires. I remember on that run I was paired up with a old Mopar with slicks. He left on me by a mile due to the tires and I remember the look on his face when I passed him right before the lights like he had the brakes on. The car was completely stock in appearance so he was just wtf??
Later-later we put a C4 auto in it and a Paxton Novi SC and ran low 10s at 135mph. She continued to progress (if you can call it that) and ended up a 9sec car making over 700 rwhp on the dyno but keeping a belt on that 25 lb sc was impossible to do within the NMRA Renegade class rules so I gave up and sold it and bought another Cobra. A 427 Cobra
wellarmed is offline   Reply With Quote