View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010, 04:47 PM   #121 (permalink)
mrcardio
Base Member

Drives: 08 MS3
mrcardio is on a distinguished road

Doing a motor swap might sound like a neat idea but you also got to consider how the motor effects the weight distribution especially seeing as the 370z is front heavy to begin with. Then you got to make sure the rest of the cars drive train can tolerate the added torque and heat generated by the larger my powerful motor, etc. There are many things to take into consideration.

Regarding Magazine times I’m more inclined to trust the numbers they come up with vs. some random people on YouTube, etc. Watching a car run a certain time on YouTube, Street fire, etc doesn’t prove anything. How do you know for sure that car was stock? It’s the same deal with time slips, people lie.

Magazine entities on the other hand generally have no reason (s) to make outrageous claims and do their testing in a controlled environment with state of the art equipment. Yeah some Mags come up with better numbers than others but that could be due to a number of reasons obviously. It doesn’t mean they’re full of **** per say.

What I do is find an average between several different sources and use that number as the benchmark for the particular automobile. Of course it’s not going to be the very best the car can do but it’s generally a very accurate depiction of its capabilities in general.