View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010, 03:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
Jeffblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Z32TT & 335xi Coupe
Jeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond repute

hey AK, thanks for making one dedicated thread for this.

These volk nuts won't fit our sport package wheels or nismo wheels. However as far as aftermarket is concerned, they seem pretty good.

I think the general consensus is the typical mcguard type of wheel lock with the pattern in the top really doesn't do anything. With that in mind, i have found some other designs that seem to work better

1. Black top wheel locks - QMR Motorsports

These are actually caps that go over a lug nut. The lug nut must be 17mm or 19mm hex, (we usually have 21mm on our cars). Nismo makes a lug nut that these should fit over. its model number is 40222-RN700, it can be found here https://www.mynismo.com/products/?id=5360

The locks themselves are 28mm in diameter, so depending on your wheel, they could fit. Essentially, the wider portion of hte hole where the lug nut goes needs to be a bit bigger than 28mm in diameter for these to fit. The idea behind these is, they fit snugly in the hole, and there is no room to get around it with a bolt remover. That, and the outside portion spins freely.

2. Dency 2000 Wheel lock - KYO-EI - Dency 2000 Lock Nuts - Nengun Performance

These feature a magnetic cap that spins freely and supposedly can only be removed with the specific magnet they come with. These also seem to fill up most of the lug hole, making it difficult to get a bolt remover around them to get them off.

I can't embed this link from the video because its supposedly disabled by the user, but here is a link to it.

YouTube - ‪Kyo Ei Dency 2000 Wheel Locks‬‎
Jeffblue is offline   Reply With Quote