View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010, 02:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
AK370Z
Administrator

Drives: 09 370Z MB Sports M6
AK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond repute
Default How can you protect your rims (OEM and aftermarket) from thieves?

Well, it seems like every two to three weeks, we are seeing "my rims got stolen" threads popping up (jeffblue , G35guy84, YZhang12). These scumbags thieves DO NOT care how they leave your car after they take the wheels. That's my biggest fear! If I were to come outside and I see my car on brick like this,

Pic courtesy Jeffblue

Pic courtesy of G35guy84

Pic courtesy of yzhang12

I'll probably have a mini heart attack! I personally don't gave a F if these thieves steal my rims (heck, if you ask me nicely I'll probably give them to you) but leaving my car on bricks, that's unacceptable.

So, I have been trying to look into a solution for this. Don't get me wrong, I live in a pretty good neighborhood. I sometimes don't even lock my car. However, if I were to drive to North Jersey or NewYork, I can't say the same about those neighborhood.

So, after few minutes of search, I found these VOLK RACING Formula Lug Nuts which are reasonably priced and has rounded outside surface which means thieves can't take them off with a regular wrench. Take a look

RAYS ENGINEERING VOLK RACING Formula Lug Nuts

Quote:
VOLK RACING Formula Lug Nuts

VOLK RACING is the premier name brand when it comes to high-end forged wheels, designed and manufactured in Japan by RAYS ENGINEERING.

RAYS ENGINEERING is a highly revered manufacturer sought out by Performance and Racing firms like TRD (Toyota Racing Development), Mazda Speed, Nismo and Mugen. Their products are not only intended for street, but made for the tough and grueling conditions of the motorsports championship races, such as the Japan and British Grand Touring Car Championship, Formula 3000, and Formula 1 Circuits.

VOLK RACING Formula Lug Nut kit features:

* AN INCREDIBLY SLEEK AND EXOTIC DESIGN MADE OF CHROME MANADIUM THAT MAKES A POWERFUL STATEMENT
* THE MULTI-PIECE STRUCTURE ENSURES AGAINST STUD AND WHEEL SEIZURES AT EXTREME TEMPERATURES
* AN INTERNAL DRIVE STYLE LUG NUT WITH A REMOVABLE ANODIZED ALUMINUM CAP FOR ADDITIONAL SECURITY AND PROTECTION AGAINST DEBRIS AND WEATHER CONDITIONS
* KIT INCLUDES: 20 CONCEALED HEPTAGON LOCK NUTS, 1 INTERNAL DRIVE LUG NUT KEY, 1 INTERNAL DRIVE ALLEN HEX KEY
* 1 URGE TO KICK *** AND TAKE NAMES

Here's how they look on the car:

Pic courtesy of GAMEDOG (myg37)

mounted on g37

So, what you guys think? Do you have any other ideas? We have quite a few VOLKS Autorized dealers on our forum (as sponsors) and I'm sure they can come up with a good price on these sets. Biggest question is if these will fit properly with Sports package Rays? Lets discuss .....
My Monterey Blue Z ll My Exhaust --> My Intake --> G3
Nissan's Official Response Regarding Oil Temp Issue: CLICK HERE
Need a Set of Cheap Winter wheels /Tires? Then Visit The Banner Link Below and Place Your Order. You'll Help Keep The370Z Alive.
AK370Z is offline   Reply With Quote