View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010, 09:51 AM   #109 (permalink)
Jeffblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Z32TT & 335xi Coupe
Jeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rha600 View Post
actually they don't have to. I couldn't find it online but like I said in another post, they have a spliter that looks like a socket only it has a wedge inside. one or two hits with a hammer and presto.

As for the sound, it depends on where you live and if you're at home, out on vacation or just out to dinner for the night in a different car. There's really only one way to stop them, and the cops probably wouldn't look kindly on that solution.
a splitter? i understand the idea of cramming a socket with a reverse burr in it in order to dig in, get a grip, and screw the nut off, but are you talking about just cracking a lug nut in half?
Jeffblue is offline   Reply With Quote