View Single Post
Old 08-05-2010, 11:15 PM   #101 (permalink)
shadoquad
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: .
shadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharmacist View Post
well, it's called "modernity". a nascar carburettor engine puts out what, 800hp or so? should we revert back from fuel injection to carburetion? your first point, i won't contest. the second one, i question. i'm not saying the mustang will be a turd on the track. it'll probably handle good. but i see a lot of people claiming it will own the z or outhandle the z or whatever, but i havent seen anyone post evidence of it. on paper, slalom and skidpad are close to but not as good as the z. i haven't seen any head to head comparisons or laptimes that show a mustang besting a z. i remember top gear had a roush mustang power lap that was almost as good as the z but a fraction slower. that's the closest to a comparison test i've seen. you're not really suggesting a mustang would rival a cayman s or lotus exige, are you?
I don't think anyone's claimed it would outhandle the Z, but from what I've read, it's supposedly not far behind in that department. And it's definitely more powerful, more torquey in the low rev ranges. The rumor is that it's nearly as fast as an M3.
shadoquad is offline   Reply With Quote