View Single Post
Old 08-05-2010, 11:12 PM   #99 (permalink)
Pharmacist
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370z Sport 6MT
Pharmacist is a jewel in the roughPharmacist is a jewel in the roughPharmacist is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4a1mustang View Post
I don't see what the big deal is if 1) it pwns for drag racing and 2) it still kicks our IRS's *** on a race track.
well, it's called "modernity". a nascar carburettor engine puts out what, 800hp or so? should we revert back from fuel injection to carburetion? your first point, i won't contest. the second one, i question. i'm not saying the mustang will be a turd on the track. it'll probably handle good. but i see a lot of people claiming it will own the z or outhandle the z or whatever, but i havent seen anyone post evidence of it. on paper, slalom and skidpad are close to but not as good as the z. i haven't seen any head to head comparisons or laptimes that show a mustang besting a z. i remember top gear had a roush mustang power lap that was almost as good as the z but a fraction slower. that's the closest to a comparison test i've seen. you're not really suggesting a mustang would rival a cayman s or lotus exige, are you?