View Single Post
Old 05-01-2009, 04:17 PM   #19 (permalink)
Crash
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 02 Corvette Z06
Crash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah. Yeah. And the Lambo Rev... But 2 things... A) That Ferrari has color. Pin striping, Ferrari logo, and wheel rim. But still it shouts it's lack of personality. It's not that it looks bad - because it doesn't. It's that it just seems like the owner can't match colors.

Also, I've noticed that a lot of people (when attempting to murder out a car) don't do it right. First off, that matte black paint is VERY hard to apply and it's VERY expensive. The cheaper alternative version NEVER looks like it came out right. Sometimes it looks like it was put on with a paint roller. To add to that, the special clear-coat is also very expensive so when you skip out on the clear coat, the paint looks worse almost by the day.

I see a lot of backyard jobs that don't look bad, but every one that I've seen that was matte black was an utter failure.