View Single Post
Old 08-05-2010, 02:32 PM   #47 (permalink)
DIGItonium
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Z34-TT 6MT
DIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond repute

Yea, I'm aware about the throttle cut when tapping the brakes. For a long time I've always thought the A/C running or heat (oil temp nearing 220F) would be the cause the huge throttle lag.

To further clarify things, from standstill in 1st gear I barely get the car moving and casually give it more throttle. Regardless of how much throttle effort, even at 50% or greater, I don't feel a difference. It bogs and hovers around 1.5-2k, then slowly ramps up to 3k before winding up to redline. It's a familiar feeling to TCS kicking in, but I'm not even dumping the clutch or forcing wheel spin. It comes and goes, but I'm starting to notice it more often so I thought it was the A/C having a large detrimental effect (compared to the 350Z) or high oil temps. Imagine trying to make a left turn when the car bogs in 1st...

Is this a familiar feeling? Maybe I should call the service dept.