View Single Post
Old 08-05-2010, 08:39 AM   #105 (permalink)
Jeffblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Z32TT & 335xi Coupe
Jeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rha600 View Post
i'm really not worried about someone coming around with a pneumatic hammer or torque wrench and taking off my wheels, its way too loud. The idea is they do it quickly but quietly. indeed, i could park my car, walk away for 1 minute, and if a formula 1 pit crew rolled up to my car with the right tools, they could steal my wheels and be off before i turned around to look back.

I understand your point, there is no fool proof lock for wheels. But theres no fool prof lock anywhere. You could have a really good set of dead bolt locks on your front door, and its not going to stop someone with a 12 guage slug or a battering ram. The fact of the matter is, there are countless videos on youtube of 'How to take off your wheel locks if you lose your key' and they all involve a method that wouldn't work with these locks because theres no room on the sides of the lock.

As far as i'm concerned, the typical wheel lock design, is equivalent to a lock that comes on a suitcase, pretty much anyone can get it off, which is why i'm not content with them. I plan to run regular wheel locks and the black top wheel locks, that way if the thief is stupid enough to not realize that the black top is a lock, maybe they wont bother trying to take off my other lug nuts first if they see the standard wheel lock.
Jeffblue is offline   Reply With Quote