Thread: A/C Problem
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2010, 01:42 AM   #10 (permalink)
djohnson1967
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370z 40th
djohnson1967 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modshack View Post
If the problem was not caused by the Stillen Install, a dealer should have no problem making this right. You may be over or undercharged resulting in things kicking off. This can sometimes happen when there is a faulty pressure switch and/or the system is overcharged (it happens). Good luck, but look at that install to be sure that is not the issue..
Thanks, man. Again, if I broke something, poor me I will pay to have it fixed. But I still don't want to give the dealer a chance to blame me if it is not really my fault. So, as I said above, I am going to take the Stillen units off and re-evaluate. I may check the AC charge too before taking it to the dealer. I did some more driving today and it DEFINITELY is a heat issue. Car hot from running previously (ignition turned off and then turned back on): AC compressor goes crazy. Car cool (relative term here in AZ): AC blows so much cold air I have to turn it down. Can you think of ANYTHING that would cause a temperature related failure like that?

Last thing I noticed: When the AC is in AUTO mode I can't switch between "recirculated" and "fresh" air. Is that normal? Before I noticed this problem, I thought I recall being able to manually select that and still keep the AC in AUTO mode.

Last edited by djohnson1967; 08-05-2010 at 01:44 AM.
djohnson1967 is offline   Reply With Quote