View Single Post
Old 08-04-2010, 11:10 PM   #8 (permalink)
Jeffblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Z32TT & 335xi Coupe
Jeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for the rep guys.

i'm not sure what the price was without install. i think labor was only like 75 dollars, or it might have been 75 an hour. Sorry if i was unclear, but i do not have remote start. In retrospect, i wish i had gotten it. it would have been 1100 vs 1400, might as well splurge and get the whole deal. on these alarms, they make models designed for manual transmissions that have failsafes that make sure the car is not in gear, and hte hand brake is active before the car will remote start.

i believe that the audio and tilt sensors were each 75. smart start module+install was 300 or so.

you can use this: Viper - Store Locator to find an installer. Then call up and see how familiar they are with the car or the module(s). this was my installers first smart start install and first 370Z and he managed just fine.
Jeffblue is offline   Reply With Quote