Thread: Speaker Wiring
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2009, 04:56 AM   #10 (permalink)
bpd138
Base Member

Drives: 370Z Auto W/Sport
bpd138 is a splendid one to beholdbpd138 is a splendid one to beholdbpd138 is a splendid one to beholdbpd138 is a splendid one to beholdbpd138 is a splendid one to beholdbpd138 is a splendid one to behold

Once again thanks for all the info. This site is such a great resouce and a pleasure to read.

I'm a complete noob when it comes to amps and such. I have replaced many head units and speakers but I have never wired up an amp. The wiring part I'm not too concerned about, however I have no knowledge of the terms used.

Can someone explain the difference between a two channel and four channel amp? Does a two channel only power two speakers? Also if I go with the amp setup like David suggested, waht size should I get.

I know I might get some flack on this but I am going to use Infinity Kappa two-way speakers in the door. I'm still undecided on what to put in the dash. Any suggestions? Should I separate the dash speakers from the door speakers?

Oh, almost forgot, one more question, what is the wire on the antenna adapter for? Can someone tell me if I need to hook it up to something and if so what?

Once again, thanks for all your help.
Willie
bpd138 is offline   Reply With Quote