Thread: A/C Problem
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2010, 12:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
Modshack
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z Sport
Modshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohnson1967 View Post
Here is where the advice comes in: How do I approach this problem with the dealer?? I am scared to death now to take it in for warranty work with the modifications on it (only other mod is an oil cooler). Especially for an AC problem, since AC problems have been tied specifically to the part I put on! I am thinking about taking it off and putting the stock intakes back on before I take it to the dealer. But what a pain!! You and I both know that the dealer will give me trouble if they see mods. This is so frustrating. I was hesitant to put mods on a car that was still in warranty, but I guess I talked myself out of worrying about potential problems. And now, just a week or two in and this happens. Help!
If you caused the problem from a faulty install, why would you think this would be a warranty item? It's not a manufacturing defect after all. If this is indeed the issue it will be evident that there was a rub issue caused by something that did not come on the car. You can try to scam them, but it will be just that. Man up!

Steal my car! (SOLD)...Now Porsche Cayman S
Oil Cooler DIY: Here!

Last edited by Modshack; 08-04-2010 at 12:37 PM.
Modshack is offline   Reply With Quote