View Single Post
Old 08-04-2010, 12:16 PM   #5 (permalink)
Sandra Dee
Base Member

Drives: 370ZRdstr BLK Cherry
Sandra Dee is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=Brannisa;658877]While we are on the subject of disappointment in car cleaning products. I purchased my Z about a month ago and have been slowly purchasing cleaning products so I can give the Z the best possible wash/wax. I've read all over this site and Adam's site about how great Adam's detail spray is. I was hestint at first but I finally purchased Adam's detail spray and tried it on my other car. I didn't want to try the detail spray on the Z iin case something went wrong. I used the spray all over, including the windows, and now whenever it rains, the windshield has a streaky film over it. Anyone ever have this problem?

One more thing, is there THAT much of a different between Adam's detail spray ($12.95 + shipping) versus a detail spray you can buy at Autozone/Target/etc for (4.95)? Maybe I just expected too much of Adams when I read all of the glowing reviews.
TO USE FOR A QUICK SHINE IF THE CAR HAS BEEN RECENTLY DETAILED AND YOU ONLY HAVE DUST ON IT-use California duster then Adam's Waterless Wash and their waffle weave towel. that does not streak. the detail spray is usually more of a lubricant for clay bar use or to spritz on your buffer before polishing. Was your other car very clean before using the detail spray? If not-may have smeared contaminants around-hopefully no scratching occurred. Adam's stand s behind their stuff and if you have any trouble with a product they will refund your money. I use a lot of their stuff on my Z and have not had a problem. I have a 5 gallon jug of their detail spray for polishing and claying.
Sandra Dee is offline   Reply With Quote